|transmission Hep C to infant
Oct 16, 2011
A family friend who has Hep C was holding my baby girl. She started sucking on his hand(she is teething and chews on everything!). I noticed later that he had a small cut on his hand (the cut was not fresh though). What are the chances that my baby could get Hep C? Should she be tested? I am beyond worried. Thanks.
Response from Dr. McGovern
I would not consider this a risk for your baby and do not recommend testing.
possibility of contracting hep b
- What Over The Counter Medication Can Help Get Rid Of Shingles?
- What Causes Recurrent Bacterial Vaginosis Infections?
- What Can Treat Recurring Shingles?
- Type Of Doctor Who Removes Genital Warts
- Took Antibiotics As Prescribed For Chlamydia And Still Have Symptoms
- How Can You Tell The Difference Between Zit And Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.