|transmission Hep C to infant
Oct 16, 2011
A family friend who has Hep C was holding my baby girl. She started sucking on his hand(she is teething and chews on everything!). I noticed later that he had a small cut on his hand (the cut was not fresh though). What are the chances that my baby could get Hep C? Should she be tested? I am beyond worried. Thanks.
Response from Dr. McGovern
I would not consider this a risk for your baby and do not recommend testing.
possibility of contracting hep b
- Sore On Penis After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Use Triple Antibiotic Ointment On Genital Warts?
- Can You Get Hiv From Having Blood Drawn?
- HIV 1 AND 2 ANTIBODY TEST BY ELISA METHOD
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.