HBSAG POSITIVE

Dear Doctor my blood reports as under I am HBsAg Positive, HAV and HCV negative, Surface Antibodies for HBV is 3.1 IU/L , HB suface Antigen: Reactive, Hepatitis B surface Antibody: Non reactive, HB Core Total (IgG+IgM) Antibody: Reactive HB Core IgM Antibody: Non Reactive HB e Antigen: Non reactive HB e Antibody: Reactive Based on these results please let me know whether the infection is Acute or Chronic Hepatitis and is there any cure for this. Please kindly advise me in detail.

Thanking you in advance Madhu

If these tests remain the same over six months of follow-up, you probably have chronic infection. You will need a HBV DNA level to see if there is any virus in your blood plus liver function tests to see if there is evidence of irritation in the liver.

Some patients require a liver biopsy too but it is too early to comment on this for you.

You should also be checked for Hepatitis A and C.

Hepatitis B infection
transmission Hep C to infant