|Hepatitis B infection
Oct 16, 2011
HB viral load of 3.8IU/ML what does this indicates in recently diagnised Hepatitis B infected person. whether this require any treatment?
Response from Dr. McGovern
that is a low viral load. Iwould simply follow for now. If you just got diagnosed you need at least six months of follow-up before you know if it is chronic infection or resolving infection.
I would not treat at present until further follow-up is done.
- Is Runny Nose A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Vomiting A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Fever After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Groin Pain After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Does Monistat Cure Vaginal Thrush?
- How Often Does Chlamydia Cause You To Be Sterile In Women?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.