Oct 16, 2011
I had hep vaccine after the exposure.had 3mos test as well and showed negative.does this result give me assurance now..or do i need to have 6mos time test...
Response from Dr. McGovern
I think you should discuss that with the physician who recommended your vaccine since I am not aware of the significance of your exposure. Usually we test out to six months, but frankly at 3 months we usually know if there was infection. Also the preventive treatments (eg, vaccination and immunoglobulin) are very effective.
Hepatitis B infection
- Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Risk Of Getting HIV
- What Is The Risk Of Getting HIV From Sex Toys?
- Does Itchy Scrotum Mean I Have Hiv?
- Fatigue During Seroconversion
- Can You Catch AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Bronchitis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.