Oct 16, 2011
My husband has Hep.C. Should I get tested?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Yes I would recommend a one-time test. The risk of sexual transmission of HCV is very low among heterosexual couples (about 1 to 2 percent), but much higher in men who have sex with men. This may be related to localized trauma with anal sex. Other risk factors include having concomitant STDs, like syphilis.
Your risk will also depend of course on whether your husband has virus in his blood as in chronic infection. Most people do.
Atripla & Pregnance?
- Where Are Genital Herpes Sores Located On Women?
- What Is The Treatment For Hair Loss From Syphilis?
- What Is The Difference Between Genital Herpes And Cold Sores?
- What Does Herpes Look Like Around Your Eye?
- What Doctor I Should Go To For Herpes?
- What Can I Use Over The Counter To Treat Bacterial Vaginosis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.