|Hep C Co-Infection
Oct 12, 2011
I had a potetial exposure to hep c/hiv.
4 months post exposure Negative HIV Antibody Negative Hep C Antibody Negative Hep C RNA PCR
8 months post exposure Negative HIV Antibody Negative Hep C Antibody
50 weeks Negative HIV Antibody Negative Hep C Antibody
Do i need any further testing for either? Am I clear for both? Should I still worry about co-infection/delayed seroconversion?
Response from Dr. McGovern
You are done with testing! I would have stopped at six months in fact.
PCR HBV quantitative
- Is White Tongue An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Sex With A Prostitute Afraid I Have AIDS
- Blood In Urine After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Protected Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.