hep B serology results interpretation, pls help
Oct 12, 2011
Can you please interpret this for me: HBsAG - NON REACTIVE; ANTI HBS - REACTIVE; ANTI HBc (IGg) REACTIVE; HBeAG - NON REACTIVE; ANTI HBE (.742) - REACTIVE; ANTI HBc (IgM) NON REACTIVE; CUT OFF VALUE 1.0 AND ANY VALUES BELOW CUT OFF IS CONSIDERED REACTIVE ECLIA METHOD.
DO I HAVE PREVIOUS HEP B INFECTION BY HAVING ANTI HBC IGG REACTIVE? AM I A CARRIER? PLEASE HELP ME ON THIS.. THANKS VERY MUCH
Response from Dr. McGovern
When the core and surface antibodies are reactive and the surface antigen (HBsAG) is not, you have evidence of prior infection.
To be a carrier you must have a reactive HBsAg.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Semen After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Headache After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Herpes After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Scrotum After Sex With Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rectal Bleeding After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Spots After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.