Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

hep c versus hep b
Oct 2, 2011

i've been exposed with gastric fluid splashed to my eye from hep c..considered not a risk..I'm not vaccinated with any hep vaccine..is there a risk of getting hep b from hep c patient with this kind of exposure!pls answer this.....so stressed...do i need a full test 3mos/6mos time!

Response from Dr. McGovern

This sounds like a work-related exposure so you should be speaking to your employee health personnel. A splash to the eye with gastric fluid would be extremely low risk since even blood exposures to the eyes are very low risk. As for testing, get advice from your workplace as to how they want to manage this.

My greatest concern is that you are not vaccinated against hepatitis B. Consider this event just a reminder that you need to get that done.

Previous
reactive 34.40 for hep C is this acute or chronic????
Next
hiv or hep infection?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.