Risk of exposure from a used razor

My daughter and I both once used a razor of a person who is hepatitis c positive. Neither one of us can remember if we cut ourselves or not. The person who is hep c positive said that her doctor said she had a type of hep c that is not transmissible to others. Is there such a thing as a hep c that is not transmissible? Should my daughter and I be tested?

My guess is that your friend may be HCV antibody positive but has cleared the virus spontaneously in the past and does not have virus in their blood. Thus she cannot spread HCV to another person. I strongly suspect that is what she is referring to.

Razors and toothbrushes have been found to be associated with a small risk of transmission of HCV. If you are still concerned about this, you can get tested, but you run the risk of getting a false positive test.

I think it would be better to get more information from the HCV positive source to ask if her HCV RNA test shows "clearance" or a non-detectable viral load. This will give you great relief.

Anti HCV reactive while patient was treated twice before for HCV.
my boyfriend has hep c