IN ABILITY TO STICK TO THE PRISCRIBED ADVERANCE SCHEDULE

I must that you for answering the question of Ramadan fasting and the timing of the Medics. I have benefited a lot from it. However this question baffles me and I thought I better ask you. I work with armed forces and sometimes my job takes me away from sites where i am suppose to collect my drug refill. I am on Conbivir, Nevirapine. If I default for six weeks do I need to be re-asses again? What will happen of my drug resistance?

I will point you to the HIV forum for purely HIV related questions. I do answer questions related to viral hepatitis and HIV however.

For your question, I will quickly say that I do not recommend a long hiatus from taking your HIV medications like 6 weeks. This will clearly put you at risk for viral rebound, which can lead to the antiretroviral syndrome (fever, rash, thrush, etc.).

The risk of resistance is present although less so than when patients take medications erratically on a weekly basis.

do i need a hep b booster shot?
Anti HCV reactive while patient was treated twice before for HCV.