hepatitis b(india)

I am hepatitis b patient. It was diagnised on 8.1.11 At present my HBV DNA 51 IU/ML. HBeag - negetive. HBS ag positive. I got married in the year 2002. Begotten one female and one male chilld in the year 2003 & 2004. As and when I came to know that I am a hbv positive, then checked my wife and children they all absag - negetive. Normal LFT. My doubt is most probable I was infected with hbv before my marriage. So, my wife and child might have infected with HBV through my sperm. But they fould all negetive. What is the reason? Infuture they will covert as hbsag postive? Any case studies prove it? Please Mandam exaplain my status?

That is great news that your family is negative.

I suspect the reason for this is that your level of infectious virus is very low and although you are potentially infectious, there is a low risk.

Regardless, your family should be immunized against hepatitis B if you have access to vaccine through your doctor.

As for you, I would get more serial testing for HBV, liver function tests, etc every six months to see if your disease stays relatively inactive.

Freaked out in The Netherlands - HIV
Recent HPC infection, when to start treatment?