For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

I Want A Family But I Have Hepatitis C

I am a 27yr old male who just found out that I have Hepatitis C. The only thing that has ever really mattered to me is the hope that one day I would have a daughter and son of my own. Is it possible for me to have my own children without infecting either the babies or thier mother? Please respond as I am desperate for information on this topic.

You certainly can.

First you should determine if you have chronic infection by getting a HCV RNA test.

You can pursue treatment for HCV and be cured so you don't need to worry about this anymore.

If you can't pursue treatment right now, you can donate sperm that can be cleaned before inseminating your partner with the help of a fertility expert.

testing confusion or may be over thinking being a med student
New treatments and co-infection