Sep 18, 2011
can you catch hep c from gastric juice splashed to eyes!pls clarify,some say not at risk,query if this consider a mucosal expoure!what is the risk percentage !
Response from Dr. McGovern
I would not expect HCV to survive in gastric juice...Even bloody exposures to eyes are a very rare risk...So no, I would not consider this a risk. If you are a health care provider, all risk assessment should also go through your employee health service for your own protection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Hiv Lay Dormant In A Woman For Up To Ten Years?
- Will Chlamydia Show Up Within 3 Weeks Unprotected Sex?
- What Should I Expect Once I Take An Antibiotic For My Chlamydia?
- What Medication Do You Take To Cure Chlamydia?
- What Causes Shingles In Adults?
- What Can You Take To Make Chlamydia Go Away?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.