Sep 18, 2011
can you catch hep c from gastric juice splashed to eyes!pls clarify,some say not at risk,query if this consider a mucosal expoure!what is the risk percentage !
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I would not expect HCV to survive in gastric juice...Even bloody exposures to eyes are a very rare risk...So no, I would not consider this a risk. If you are a health care provider, all risk assessment should also go through your employee health service for your own protection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Penis After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Eyes After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Does Metronidazole Treat Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.