Sep 18, 2011
can you catch hep c from gastric juice splashed to eyes!pls clarify,some say not at risk,query if this consider a mucosal expoure!what is the risk percentage !
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I would not expect HCV to survive in gastric juice...Even bloody exposures to eyes are a very rare risk...So no, I would not consider this a risk. If you are a health care provider, all risk assessment should also go through your employee health service for your own protection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Does A Positive Herpes Blood Test Mean?
- What Do Syphilis Sores Look Like On A Vagina?
- What Do Genital Warts Look Like When They First Appear?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- Viral Infection Throat And Shingles
- Symptoms Of Herpes From Kissing
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.