Sep 8, 2011
hi doc i just want to now i'm a hepa b positive my test result are antihbs-non reactive hbeag-non reactive antihbe reactive antihavigm non reactive what does these result mean?
Response from Dr. McGovern
You need to have a hepatitis B surface antigen test. If reactive, then you have chronic hepatitis B infection. You will then need a HBV DNA test to see if you have active or inactive disease.
If nonreactive, then I suspect you are doing well and the anti-HBe test may be falsely reactive.
- What Are The Chances Of Getting AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Coated Tongue After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- At What CD4 Count Should You Start Taking ARVs
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.