HBV test result

Dear doctor, My girlfriend (28 y.o.) in Philippines was found to be HBV carrier. I have got all the test result as follows. It seems that she is HBeAg negative carrier (Chronic), but I'm worried with the high HBV DNA level of 110,000,000 IU/ml. What I would like to know is... 1) Is it definite that she needs to go under medication? 2) What medicine would you recommend and at least how long does she needs to go under medication for this case? 3) What if she refuses to go under medication? The follow-up is not recommended in this case?

July 2011 (apologies but i didn't note of the unit..) AntiHBC (+) 0.0489 Anti HBeAg (+) 0.0062 HBeAg (-) 0.0413 AntiHBs (-) 0.2170 HBsAg (+) 39.9375

Aug 2011 ALT 15u/L AST 22u/L AntiHBcIgG (+) *0.029 patient count/cutoff value 0.153 HBV DNA Quantitative 6- 110,000,000 IU/ml Fubroscan 6.0 (the unit should be kPa but not sure)

Thank you for your response in advance.. Best regards,

She falls into the category of "immune tolerant". In other words, she has a lot of virus in her blood but her immune system is not reacting to it. I would not treat this type of patient at present. Her fibroscan is also very encouraging in terms of any liver damage.

However, that decision - not to treat - could change over time if her liver function tests increase - this would imply that her clinical status is changing....

How long would it takes to get infected?
Chronic hep B carrier and HIV infection