Please help make sense of Sisters Story

Hi, My sister has been a IV drug user for many years and is currently on a lot of prescribed medication also ( maybe illegal meds too?? ) Throughout her drug problem she is notorious for lying, bending the truth and just being dishonest so I am confused with the following and was hoping you could make some sense of it. She told us yesterday she has Hep C, she said she got diagnosed around 6-7 months ago but she did not tell us as it had cleared up by itself. After having some symptoms recenlty she went for a blood test and was advised it had came back ( she says it was lying dormant). However she says that she is just a CARRIER which means that it is very unlikely she can pass the virus onto others. She is starting treatment though. I cannot understand this as I believed if she needed treatment the virus would be live and transmittable. Can people have such low levels of virus that they cannot transmit?? If so would they still get treatment. It is very hard dealing with a heroin addiction in the family and trying to support them through everything especially when we dont know fact from fiction. Any advice would be much appreciated Many Thanks SH

All I can say is that we treat patients for active disease - which means virus is present - and not dormant....

Worried RN..
dentist