Worried RN..

Hi Ma'am, I'm a registered nurse here in the Philippines,Im 25y/o,healthy and actively into sports. I just recently donated blood at chapter of Red Cross. They have told me that I am positive with HBV. Im wondering how I got the HBV knowing that i got my vaccines and boosters when i was born assured by my mother who is also a nurse and the one who gave me those shots. Last April 2011, i was ultrasound and my liver has no focal lesion and diffused fats.

I am worried that what if I cant get rid of this HBV in my system. And I'm concerned that I might have infected my girlfriend for 3yrs and counting. And also I red the co-infection of HBV and HIV. would I be infected with it also?

Please enlighten me Ma'am

I would get records of your hepatitis B testing to see what they found. I would also get a full panel of hepatitis B testing by your physician.

About 5 percent of all blood donors have false positive testing for hepatitis B. That could be the case in you. If this is the case, you will see a non-reactive HB surface antigen, a reactive core antibody and a non-reactive hepatitis B surface antibody...(this is called isolated core).

On the other hand, you could have a surface antibody that is reactive from your prior vaccine...In this case, you may just have evidence of a reactive surface antibody.

I suspect there are some confusing laboratories here and would not panic about this...

Coexistence of Antigen and Antibody
Please help make sense of Sisters Story