The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Present stage
Aug 28, 2011

Dear Madam You are a greatest person because so many patients cleared their doubts through this forum. I am 34 years age. Height: 172 CM. wg. 64 KGs

My blood work result on 8.1.11. hbsag-positive HBeag: 0.09 - non-reactive <1.0 ( Non-reactive) >1.0 (Reaction) HBCAB: 0.011 Reactive > 1.00 ( Non-reactive < 1.0 ( Reactive) SGPT - 18 IU/L ( up to 40 ) USS Normal study.

6 months underwent homoe treatment at MD homeopathy.

My blood work result on 18.1.11. HBeag: 0.12 - non-reactive <1.0 ( Non-reactive) >1.0 (Reactive) HBCAB: 0.072 Reactive > 1.00 ( Non-reactive < 1.0 ( Reactive) HBsAB: <2.00 IU/L >10 ( Positive) HBV DNA * 51 IU/ML HB C virus non-reactive ( Tridot method) SGPT - 48 IU/L ( 9 to 34) SGOT 42 IU/L ( 10 -35)

Present symptoms: fatigue, eye were shrunken, heat palms/soles, warm air came from mouth. Plams nerves were swollen feel pain when ever touch hard surface, abdominal discomfort, constipation and bad breath.

What is my status, any complication face if I changed from Home medicine to allopathy? What is the medicient should I take at this stage?

Please steff clarify my doubts with a big heart.

Response from Dr. McGovern

You need to have a HBV DNA test to see if the virus is present in your blood. I suspect it is not because of the normal liver function tests of 18 on 8.1.11.

If there is no virus you are an inactive carrier. You will still need serial evaluation to see if the virus ever comes back again.

inactive hepa b
Coexistence of Antigen and Antibody

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint