|Am I at risk for Hep C??
Aug 28, 2011
Hello, The other day I recieved an accidental scratch on my forearm by a friend of mine who is Hep C positive. No blood was visible, but it was red and puffy and when I sprayed it with disinfectant I felt a sting. Am I at risk? I hate worrying about this stuff.
Thank you for this website and for all your help!
Response from Dr. McGovern
I would not worry about this exposure. Transmission requires blood to blood exposure.
HIV and/or now Hep C or nothing?
inactive hepa b
- Neuropathy And Pins And Needles In Groin Area
- Can You Get Hiv While Wearing A Condom?
- Swollen Glands In The Groin Area And Hiv
- Can Having Herpes Give A False Positive Hiv Test Result?
- Will Masturbation Cause Chlamydia To Come Back?
- What Effects Does Syphilis Have On Sterility And Infertility?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.