hep c carrier?

i just recently found out i might have Hepatitis C. I got retested thinking it was wrong and the doctors told me the tests still came back reactive. They told me my liver function is normal and i am just a carriers of the virus. Should i still look into the treatment? What does it mean to be a carrier? Can i have another baby and not pass it on to him or her? please help me i am so confused.

I suspect that your HCV antibody is positive suggesting prior exposure.

If your doctor has said you are a "carrier", I would expect that they have checked for HCV RNA - evidence of virus in your blood. If they have NOT done that, then you should ask for viral load testing.

Normal liver function tests do NOT confirm that there is no disease. You can have active liver disease with normal liver function tests. I tell this to my students all the time.

Diagnosis time for Hep B/C
hep c conclusive?