For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Post hep C treatment

I was told now that i'm several yrs post Hep c treatment, and continually testing negative for Hep C, is my risk for transmission less? its hard to explain to potentional partners. am i still a carrier? my doctor told me it was difficult to pass something they are not even detecting in blood tests, but would like some reassurance. thank you.

I agree with your doctor. If your treatment cleared your infection, you no longer have the virus in your body and thus you cannot pass it on to someone else.

Congrats on the great result.

hep c
Hep C