|Post hep C treatment
Aug 16, 2011
I was told now that i'm several yrs post Hep c treatment, and continually testing negative for Hep C, is my risk for transmission less? its hard to explain to potentional partners. am i still a carrier? my doctor told me it was difficult to pass something they are not even detecting in blood tests, but would like some reassurance. thank you.
Response from Dr. McGovern
I agree with your doctor. If your treatment cleared your infection, you no longer have the virus in your body and thus you cannot pass it on to someone else.
Congrats on the great result.
- Can You Have Hiv Symptoms And Test Negative?
- Can You Be A Registered Nurse If You Are Hiv Positive?
- Will Lymph Nodes Swell In Shingles?
- When You Have Genital Herpes How Often Will I Break Out?
- When You Have A Herpes Break Out How Long Does It Take To Get Blisters?
- Vinegar For Genital Warts
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.