Fasting in Ramadan ( 16 hours of deprivance)

Dear sirs,

I have examned the site and found it very helpful. Thank you very much. There has ben similar questions but the situation is different. I am on COMBIVIR and KALETRA regimen for more than 1,5 years. My CD4 count is still at 400s since I had chemotherapy due to Hodgkin Lymphoma but my viral load is undetectable for the moment. Anyway I am a Muslim and I desperately want to fast as I have done since my adolescence. The fasting time is approximately 16 - 16,5 hours in my country in this season. This means that I have to delay the drugs for a good 4 hours or in another word I will double load drugs to my body in 8 hours. Will I get resistance to the drugs if I fast under these circumstances?

Please post HIV questions to the HIV forum. I do answer hepatitis questions related to HIV however.

I will quickly tell you however, that I think it would be fine for you to fast in terms of food, but would prefer if you can still take your medications with sips of water. I would not take a double dose of medications at a later time point. That could be toxic and the double dose of combivir could easily make you nauseous.

HIV and Hepatitis from blood contact - Twinrix
Is it possible to avoid ARVs altogether?