HIV and Hepatitis from blood contact - Twinrix

Hi Doctor,

I would appreciate it greatly if you took the time out to answer some of my questions. I work as a speech therapist and often touch the hands of the children I work with and the objects after they touch them. I work with a small boy who often has cuts/scabs etc on his hands. What I am wondering is:

1 - If I somehow touch this boy's scab (that is not dripping with blood) but may have traces of blood on it (I do not know as I did not inspect it) and I have a few healing cuts on my own hands (not bleeding) or no visible cuts, am I at risk of contracting HIV or hep?

2 - Is coming into contact with feces with no visible blood (at first glance) a risk for hiv/hep if I have healing cuts or no visible bleeding cuts on my hands.

I am very anxious about contracting these in my every day activities. If I were to come into contact with infected blood - do I need to be come into contact with the blood and have my own bleeding cut?

Ps - I received a twinrix vaccination 2 years ago.

Thank you so much for your time and the invaluable service you are providing.

I would be in the habit of washing your hands when you are concerned about a contact. But you should not be at risk since we are concerned about blood mixing with blood and it doesn't sound like this would be likely with any of the scenarios you describe.

Alk. Phosphate
Fasting in Ramadan ( 16 hours of deprivance)