Alk. Phosphate

I am in my mid 50th with inactive hep. B, within the past 5 years ALP is elevated slightly above the normal limit and all other test results are in normal range. My HBV DNA is less than 200. What can cause high ALP? Thanks

It is hard to say what is causing a slight blip above normal for your alkaline phosphatase. You may ask your doctor to repeat this and if still elevated and going higher, a "fractionated alkaline phosphatase can be ordered. This test can try to determine what the origin of this blood abnormality is coming from - bone or liver.

If it is slightly elevated, I wouldn't work it up any further unless there was something else of concern.

Conclusive for HIV/HCV negative 6 month anitbody
HIV and Hepatitis from blood contact - Twinrix