Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Please help
Aug 9, 2011

Hey good doctor I must compliment you on the work that you do.You are my last resort because I have no one to talk to because I would be ridicule as to where I am from homsexuality is look down upon and I can be killed for such a lifstyle. My story to you is that I had sex with my boyfriend two months ago unprotected as he said he was hiv negative as I had seen his results.I am also negative as well.Two weeks later he was not feeling well and his doctor did another hiv test on him an he was positive. I did not ejaculated in him.We had sex twice in that night but I was not bruise or anything nor he was.Since then every week I have been doing hiv test and it has come back negative.I did the rapid test an also the ELISA test.I have been experiencing sharp pains in different parts of my body,under my arms,under my chin an muscles pains,under my feet and inside my palm of my hands.The pain comes an goes.My lymph nodes dont hurt but the pain move throughout my body.I am not on meds but I am a healthy person as well I am experiencing acute belly pains for a month an more.My diet is normal but I am very stressed.I read your articles where top a top is hardly likely could get infected but the possibilty arises as well.Do you think my chances of being infected is high risk despite my many hiv test thus far up to 8 weeks came back negative...Please answer me sir because doing hiv tests in my country is very expensive and also meds..Please sir give me some form of information. Thanks in advance

Response from Dr. McGovern

I would not keep getting frequent HIV tests, particularly if it is very expensive for you. I would wait until 12 weeks go by and then I would get another test and then another at 24 weeks. As for the belly discomfort, I would also ask for Hepatitis C antibody testing at 12 and 24 months to be certain you have not become infected with this virus.

If you have never been vaccinated for hepatitis B, I would check a Hepatitis B surface antigen test too.

Liver function tests would be helpful as well.

Previous
HIV/ HCV antibody test conculuve 6 months?? Pregnant and scared!
Next
Cure for Inactive HBV

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.