HIV/ HCV antibody test conculuve 6 months?? Pregnant and scared!

Hi Doctor, I am 36 weeks pregnant. I had a unprotected sex on December 28th 2010. I have tested for HCV 27 weeks after exposure with a antibody test which was negative. I tested for HIV antibody 30 weeks after exposure that was negative too. Just this past week I have had pain under my right rib cage. I read that that is were your liver is and I started to panic. I called the OB who was on call that weekend and he told me to go to labor and delivery. I had my LFT checked with a ALT and AST and they cane back normal. My question is with my antibody test for HCV at 27 weeks and my LFT rules out the possible infection with HCV? Or do I need to do a viral load test? I am very concerned about the whole confection between acute HCV and HIV. I am trying to do anything I can to protect my child . As you are an expert on this matter I know your opinion will put my mind at ease. The ID doc I have been seeing says that I am done and my test are conclusive. The reason I am concerned is the pain under my right rib. Thank you for your time.

You certainly may have pain in the right side, but this is not from hepatitis C. I don't think you need any further testing since you have a negative HCV antibody test. You are negative for HIV.

As your doctor suggested, no further testing is required.

HIV / HBV Coinfection
Please help