HIV / HBV Coinfection

Hi, I am being treated both infections for 5 years now. Both viruses are under detection level since then. Now I am kind of worried as I "heard" that HBV progresses over 15 times faster with HIV eventhough the virus can not be detected at the moment. I am really scared to get liver cancer. what are you new results of the research at the moment? Is there any chance that HBV can be treated as a chronic desease like HIV in my situation?

Thank you very much.

The fact that your viruses are both undetected is FANTASTIC news!

The risk of developing liver cancer is EXTREMELY low the longer you stay nondetectable. The risk of liver cancer is higher in older persons, persons with a close blood relative with liver cancer. Also the higher the level of virus the increased risk of disease.

I would simply get monitoring every 6 months with an alfa feto protein blood test and an ultrasound of the liver.

Keep up the good work!

Coinfection support groups
HIV/ HCV antibody test conculuve 6 months?? Pregnant and scared!