CNV a factor in low appetite/loss of taste?

I'm a psychologist working w/ a patient w/ HIV and Hep C, vl undetectable, CD4 in 800 range, c/o no appetite and loss of taste. Endoscopy and colonoscopy normal, MRI of his head WNL. On Atriply and fully compliant. He was given info by someone about CNV gene mutation causing this kind of malnutrition-causing problem. He will be f/u with his dr but do you have any idease about a gene mutation being the source of this, or what else might explain the lack of appetite and loss of taste?

I don't know why this person would have a decline in taste or appetite by this history alone. I don't know of an association with HCV.

There are no recorded side effects like these attributable to Atripla that I know of.

However, I would check a vitamin B 12 level to see if he is deficient.

new hep c treatment
Coinfection support groups