|Possible Hep C/HIV infection - am I clear?
Aug 2, 2011
Hi Dr. McGovern
Someone used my razor back at the end of april but I'm not sure if I washed it off before using it. I tested negative yesterday using the HIV rapid test. Am I in the clear or do I need further testing? Also if someone test's negative for HIV after 1 year and regardless of a HEP C coinfection are they in the clear?
Thanks for all your hard work
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Yes to both questions. You are both all set as far as I am concerned. The razor risk is very low and I would be happy with just a 3 month follow-up. The concerns about HCV are not really applicable here.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dark Bumps After Sensual Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Herpes After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Vaginal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Muscle Ache After Touching Rectum Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.