Elevated ALT levels from Labwork

Recently my husband started to attend the methadone clinc after a battle with oxycodone abuse and needing to withdrawl from the use of that medication. They ordered him to have lab work done and to check his liver enzymes in which the ALT was extremely high prompting an alert on the paperwork, it was 554. He has previously abused IV drugs and there is exposure to Hepatitis C due to that fact and also the fact that I myself have contracted it in the past years my best guess due to my abuse of both presciptions and street drugs Intravenously. He has not been tested officially for it but I was curious if that high level could be an indicator that he may too as well have liver disease of this nature or perhaps another form of liver damage or disease. Also could this be an indicator of any HIV infection. I know you cannot diagnosis but only give speculation or opinion but that is all I am looking for. I am trying to motivate him to seek medical attention and the opinion of a Medical professional and a check up with full labwork to determinbe the underlying cause for these abnormal test results. Can you give me any feedback regarding this matter.

Levels this high could mean new acquisition of Hepatitis B or C.

ALthough he has a history of having HCV before, it is possible that he cleared his infection and now just got reinfected. This can lead to a high level of ALT.

The other possibility that would cross my mind is whether he is using cocaine, which can cause an ischemic hepatitis.

He will certainly need quick follow-up testing to see if his levels are going higher and the reason for these severe abnormalities.

Hep C and Menstruation
Possible Hep C/HIV infection - am I clear?