Transfering Hep C

I work at a dental office (that sees patients that are considered high risk)and use a statim to sterilize our handpieces, mirrors and such. When we load the with the dirty instruments, we are gloved up and the handle to the statim is touched. When the sterilization cycle is complete we remove the statim (holding the handle) with no gloves; we unload the instruments (which are wet from steam) and put the statim back on the other counter. There is no "visible" blood on the handle, but if I touched this handle with wet hands and then went home and played with my nephew, could I transfer HEP C to him? If he touched my hands and his hands were wet? I don't want to panick my sister yet, but I am scared to death! Thank you so much for your time!

There is no risk of concern that I can imagine from this event.

Twinrix Booster
viral load increasing from undetectable to 46000 COPIES after Hepatitis B vaccination