HCV PANIC! HAVE I BEEN EXPOSED?

Hello Dr. Mcgovern, i have a question, I have a friend who was exposed to HCV via a needle stick about 8 months ago.. he did a 3 month follow up and was engative.. well de other day he kind of pressed me hard with his hand, and i have a scratch tipe mark to were he placed his finger nails... the mark has lasted for hours... there is no visible blood, it is just a red line and it is elevated from the skin.... is there a risk that if he indeed caught hcv from that stick, that he could have passed it to me!!! PLEASE HELP ME!!

The scratch without blood does not worry me. I would not recommend testing.

hepatitis c
Hepatitis B infection