|HCV PANIC! HAVE I BEEN EXPOSED?
Jul 22, 2011
Hello Dr. Mcgovern, i have a question, I have a friend who was exposed to HCV via a needle stick about 8 months ago.. he did a 3 month follow up and was engative.. well de other day he kind of pressed me hard with his hand, and i have a scratch tipe mark to were he placed his finger nails... the mark has lasted for hours... there is no visible blood, it is just a red line and it is elevated from the skin.... is there a risk that if he indeed caught hcv from that stick, that he could have passed it to me!!! PLEASE HELP ME!!
| Response from Dr. McGovern
The scratch without blood does not worry me. I would not recommend testing.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Risk Of Getting HIV
- Anal Warts After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.