Hepatitis b

I have hapatitis B, but not acute or chronic ,and had unprotected sex wth my spouse once, can he be infected? And how soon will it show in his laboratory test even though he has started the vaccine two weeks after the intercorse

I am not quite sure about the status of your hepatitis B infection. If you do not have virus in your blood, you are not infectious. Prior exposure with clearance of infection means that you are not infectious.

Immunization for your partner is a good idea no matter what because HBV vaccine is very effective and protective for many years.

When a person has intercourse with a chronically infected HBV patient, HBIG is usually given right away to quickly protect the person from HBV. HBV vaccine is also given to protect the person in the future as well.

HIV or Hep c
Hep C risk from kissing skin where a small dry scab appeared