|HBV DNA not detected (2nd post)
Jul 16, 2011
gud day dra, my question is after 3 years taking of entecavir i stop taking med last december because of i cant afford now buying med because its to expensive but last MAY 2011 i undergo DNA test my test is HBV DNA not detected. i did not undergo any lab test or hepa profile. do you think that my hbsag be negative? what is the caused of stoping taking me? please i need your advised. what should i do?
Response from Dr. McGovern
If I understand you correctly, you were treated for 3 years with entecavir and then stopped because it is too expensive. Then 5 months later, you have no detectable virus.
I think it is great news....I would carefully follow up your blood tests about every 3 months to be certain the virus does not return.
Please mrs McGovern, I need your help/ advice. (Sander, from Holland)
- Is Ear Infection A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Muscle Ache After Anal Sex Bottom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- How Do I Speed Up Recovery Of Genital Herpes?
- Symptoms Of This Std In Men Can Cause Epididymitis And Can Also Spread To The Blood Or Joints
- Accuracy Of 5 Weeks Hiv Test Using 4th Generation Duo
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.