|Hep B resistance?
Jul 16, 2011
I recently attended a seminar on HIV and Hep coinfection. The speaker to me that there is a possibility of viral drug resistance. This is the first I've heard of this. He also said that there was a blood test available to check. My HIV doctor was unaware of this. Is the test something you would recommend and is it something that would routinely be covered my medicare?
Response from Dr. McGovern
The speaker is correct that there are ways to check for hepatitis B resistance. If you are on lamivudine or emtricitabine and continue to have detectable virus after a long period of treatment, you may indeed have drug resistance.
Hepatitis affects the outcome of hiv test ?
Can you get hepatitis from toilet water splash back?
- Dizziness After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Sex With Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Oral Sex With No Protection What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.