Hepatitis affects the outcome of hiv test ?
Jul 16, 2011
Recently my father is sick because of Dengue and went to the hospital, when his blood was tested it was positive that is was a dengue virus. The doctor also tested his blood using the ELISA test and it came out reactive, my question is, can the outcome of HIV test (ELISA) be affected by my father's hepatitis and herpes ? If the ELISA test is reactive does he have to take another test (Western Blot test) ?
Response from Dr. McGovern
I am not aware of any data to suggest that dengue would change the outcome of an HIV test. However, I suspect there is little information about that.
HIV ELISA are ALWAYS confirmed by a Western Blot.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hpv After Handjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Runny Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.