|Hep C genotype 4a, 4c, 4d
Jul 8, 2011
My son was just diagnosed with Hepatitis C Viral RNA, Genotype 4a/4c/4d. What does this mean? Can he infect anyone in the family? Should we be taking any precautions? Thank you for any insight you can give us.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
He should see a liver specialist for evaluation. Not everyone with HCV infection gets liver disease but he should be seen.
AS for the family, I would avoid sharing of razors.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Diarrhea After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Groin Pain After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.