hiv or hep

I am a police officer and accidentally scratched myself along a sharp edge of a stolen power tool that had been seized from known drug user. a small amount of blood was drawn. If this drug user had happened to scratched it when in his possession (approx 3 days prior to my incident) could i contract either of the above? Thanks

It is very unlikely. However, I always advise persons in occupations of risk that you always request testing whenever there is a concern regarding exposure. This is to protect YOU...

chances of getting hep c
digging