|hiv or hep
Jul 8, 2011
I am a police officer and accidentally scratched myself along a sharp edge of a stolen power tool that had been seized from known drug user. a small amount of blood was drawn. If this drug user had happened to scratched it when in his possession (approx 3 days prior to my incident) could i contract either of the above? Thanks
Response from Dr. McGovern
It is very unlikely. However, I always advise persons in occupations of risk that you always request testing whenever there is a concern regarding exposure. This is to protect YOU...
chances of getting hep c
- Can The Use Of Lubricants Containing Nonoxynol-9 Further Reduce Hiv Risk?
- What Is The Difference Between Lupus And Hiv?
- Treatment Of Thrush Caused By Antibiotic
- Are Hiv Symptoms Like Flu Symptoms?
- How Long For Hiv To Turn Into Aids Without Treatment?
- Is Dna By Pcr Accurate After One Week Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.