|Possible Hep Contamination
Jul 3, 2011
Hello Dr. I recently went to the dentist for a check up. The xray person would put the film in my mouth and touch the machine. She continued to do this. The machine did not have any type of plastic covering on it, neither did the overhead light. Can I catch something from this? I don't think they cleaned very often.
Response from Dr. McGovern
No I would not expect you to get HCV in this way. Blood to blood exposure is required.
hcv ab negative
chances of getting hep c
- How Long Does It Take An Hiv Positive Person To Start Showing Signs Of The Disease?
- Tips Of My Fingers Hurt Is It Neuropathy
- Is 8 Week Hiv Test Conclusive?
- Teeth Extraction In Hiv Patients
- Can Someone Get Hiv If Neither Partner Has Hiv?
- Over The Counter Medicine For Thrush On The Vagina
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.