|hcv ab negative
Jul 2, 2011
I had a safe sex with a lady on April 4th but i'd like to be safe and get tested for HIV. So, I recently tested for HCV ab antibody on may 4th and results were negatvie with o.2 value.Doctor asked me to take another test after 6 months. Question is having a negatvie result is I'm exposed to HCV virus?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Your doctor is suggesting a repeat test to be certain that the negative HCV antibody test does not turn positive in a few months.
I need your help
Possible Hep Contamination
- Purple Spots After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hep C From Kissing A Hep C Infected Person?
- What Is The Shot You Get For Std's?
- Can Hiv Test Results Change After 4 Months?
- Does Having Diarrhea Affect Absorption Of HIV Meds?
- How Can You Tell If Lymph Nodes Are Swollen?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.