Jun 30, 2011
Currently awaiting test results for HCV, from multiple (admittedly very low) risk incidents (one as recently as 5 days ago). I have two questions about potential transmission to others.
1) I have a hangnail that seems to be mostly closed, but I cannot be entirely sure that it is. Am I putting others at risk by sharing a hand towel if I accidentally touch this area of my hand?
2) How long after exposure to HCV does one become contagious?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
1. No I would not be concerned about your hangnail. 2. Persons may develop virus in their blood as early as 10 to 14 days after exposure.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Penis After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.