Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Blood on baby wipe?
Jun 30, 2011

Hello, I know you are very busy so I did try searching the website but couldn't find an answer. So I thank you for your help.

Recently after using the bathroom for no 2, after I wiped I noticed there was a red stain on the wipe that was not mine, even though I was dealing with anal fissures at the time, I'm positive the blood wasn't mine. Afterward, I looked at the pack of wipes and noticed another red stain on the next wipe. We were having a party so I'm not sure who's blood it may have been but I assume someone may have had their menstrual period or cut themself and used a wipe and dripped on it. Since I don't know who it was or their disease status, I am concerned about possible hiv or any hepatitis especially B or C infection risk. How worried should I be since it was on a baby wipe and I can't really say it was dry blood because the wipe kept it moist and it's my understanding dry blood is less of a risk but not completely non existent. If you don't mind, could you please clarify if dry blood or wet blood is more of a concern because now I've started worrying about any blood in bathrooms or anywhere we may not notice and touch in any way. * But most importantly, please guide me on what my risk for HIV or Hep B or C (or any hepatitis)is having wiped with blood stained baby wipe on a bottom with irritated anal fissure? *My children also use wipes to clean themselves after going no 2 so I'm also concerned if there was any more blood stain on wipes if they might have used them too, should I worry about them if they did? Please help with advise as to how much of a risk this is and if I need to be tested especially since I wiped while suffering from anal fissure. . Thank you so very much for your help with this

Response from Dr. McGovern

I would doubt that you are at risk.

Previous
Nobody will give HBIG injection
Next
Hep c and cutting hand

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.