Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Nobody will give HBIG injection
Jun 30, 2011

I am at day 12 of the 14 day window. I am in Miami FL. Post exposure sexual contact w someone positive for Hep B antigen. The test finally came back today.

I do not have a primary care physician because I just moved here from CA. None of the urgent care centers will give me the injection. Only the vaccine. They only give HBIG if it's work related exposure. I have been calling around for 4 days. The window period is running out. I called the hospital Emergency Room and they said they won't do it either. Told me to call my primary care.

Can you please help me? I don't want my life to be changed forever just because nobody wants to give me proper health care!!

It's thursday. I only have today and tomorrow. Then its the weekend and the 14 day window will pass.

Response from Dr. McGovern

I would call your local public health department to discuss where you could get HBIG in Miami. They should be able to assist you.

Previous
hepatitis b
Next
Blood on baby wipe?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.