Jun 29, 2011
hello Dr, i'd like to know if this result related to HCV .my last test was ,ALT SGPT =83 ,AST SGOT =52,my question was do i need to go for another test for hcv because am afriad
Response from Dr. McGovern
Your liver function tests are mildly abnormal and your doctor will want to do further testing to see why they are abnormal.
Hepatitis viruses are not the only cause of abnormal liver tests. Medications can cause elevations, fatty liver, and many other causes.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does HIV Cause Ear Infection?
- If I Have Ars Will I Have Swollen Lymph Nodes?
- Stinging Pain Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Burning Penis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.