Jun 29, 2011
hello Dr, i'd like to know if this result related to HCV .my last test was ,ALT SGPT =83 ,AST SGOT =52,my question was do i need to go for another test for hcv because am afriad
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Your liver function tests are mildly abnormal and your doctor will want to do further testing to see why they are abnormal.
Hepatitis viruses are not the only cause of abnormal liver tests. Medications can cause elevations, fatty liver, and many other causes.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Psoriasis After Sharing Sex Toys Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Blood Splash Worried I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Touching Spit Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Chlamydia Testing Ever Be Wrong?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.