Jun 29, 2011
if i had sex with my boyfriend that ive been with a 1yr and 6months and he had hepatitis c could there b a high risk that i may have it?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
HCV can be transmitted through sex, although it is uncommon - about 1 to 2% risk per year. Condoms can prevent risk of transmission.
There are well described outbreaks of acute HCV infection among MSM that are associated with trauma or other STDs.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Hole In Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Licking Anus Worried I Have
- Painful Urination After Protected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.