Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HIV WORRIED..... DOCTOR PLEASE GIVE ME AN OPINION!
Jun 29, 2011

Ok, First Of All, I am a 15 year old hispanic, back On JANUARY 15 2011, i got a homemade tattoo and Ever since, ive been scaring my self to death. EXACTLY a week after I got it, i noticed red dots on my face, but that same day i took a VERY hard poop, i had to push alot, and i was thinking maybe that's what caused the dots, cause i saw that a rash is a HIV symptom, but it didn't itch and the dots went away in 2 days because the started to fade. Well, from what I remember, I didn't have any acute symptoms for the 2-4 weeks acute symptoms, but then on may, 4 and a half months later, I felt a lump on my groin, and i got really scared because i thought that it could be a hiv swollen lymph node, but then I realized that my dog had fleas and I got the lump right next to a bite, so maybe that caused that? :/ Well, since the day i got my tattoo, i haven't had any fevers, sore throats, I have only had 1 swollen lymph node, but nothing else. Do yall think I could've contracted the Virus?

Ps. Still A Virgin, Feel Healthy, no vomiting, only symptoms I got was a lymph node (5 months after tatoo) and the dots on my face, but i don't think it was a rash. no fever, no sore throat

PART 2: Lets say I do have HIV... Could it have been passed down to my little brother if the fleas bit me and then him? I'm really scared because of this, cause he got a fever and a rash on his back, SOMEONE HELP

Response from Dr. McGovern

Please refer all HIV questions to the HIV forum. This forum is dedicated to hepatitis in patients with HCV or HBV with or without HIV coinfection.

A quick response to you...The key question is whether your "home made tattoo" was done by sharing needles or ink with other people who are HCV or HIV positive. Please post your question to the HIV forum with this information included.

I would still suggest seeing a doctor about your swollen lymph node...Not because it makes me think about HIV infection, but because you should have evaluation for this.

Finally, HIV is not spread through fleas. Also, if you are greatly concerned about HIV, you can simply get tested and then you will feel reassured. Testing is recommended widely by the CDC and is done routinely in medical practice on all patients - regardless of risk.

Previous
blood to blood contact??
Next
Bleeding

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.